Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness an isometric, party-based RPG in real-time with pause, now on Kickstarter for Linux, Mac and Windows. The games crowdfunding campaign just released and is 43% funded for the $60,732 USD pledge goal. Which is impressive.
So a huge shout out and thank you to Nevertheless. We always appreciate new games coming to Linux.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is an isometric singleplayer RPG set in the new fantasy world of Yerengal. While the story itself focuses on Isilmerald. Which is also the largest, most racially diverse kingdom in Yerengal ruled by a human lineage.
But the real magic happens in the games potion crafting. So if healing potions are to expensive due to greedy merchants. You can brew your own.
Or you maybe you can’t enter a building because the guards are too powerful. Players can use the Plant Item skill and surprise them with something poisonous. Sort of like Minecraft crafting for RPG’s.
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Black Geyser Early Access includes Linux:
“Yes, early access is for all platforms. Our game is based on the Unity engine, multiplatform, so it is not a big effort to make it work on Win, Linux and Mac at the end same time.”
So to Early Access to Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, this is at the $103 USD pledge tier on Kickstarter. Which is coming in October 2019 and as stated, includes Linux, Mac and Windows support.
- Greed. It’s spreading all the time in the kingdom, directly affecting gameplay. You can slow this process with your actions—or speed it up if you prefer.
- Party of up to 5 characters. You start with a single protagonist. Additional NPC’s join you later if you choose to accept them. Every NPC boasts a rich, complex personality and past.
- Choose from several races, classes and skills during character generation.
- Real-time-with-pause (RTwP) gameplay: pause the game at any time.
- Rich lore and storyline. Hundreds of quests.
- Tactical combat. Powerful magic. Clear, slot-based spell system.
- Deep NPC interactions. Complex dialogues and persuasion.
- Hand-made, beautiful graphics.
- Free-roaming exploration in wilderness and subterranean areas.
So gameplay itself takes inspiration from Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale and other classics.
Black Geyser – Gameplay
A party-based RPG where you choose the play style
So whenever a creature acts greedily in the kingdom. The power of Zornilsa, the goddess of greed, grows. So your actions are no exception. Which also means keeping this in mind when controlling your party. As well as rewards, looting, donations in temples etc. As Zornilsa gets stronger, the world becomes more chaotic, directly affecting gameplay:
- Prices go up as merchants lose interest in keeping a stable marketplace.
- NPCs become suspicious and unfriendly, making positive interactions more difficult.
- Law-abiding citizens may end up as desperate outlaws prone to attack.
- Loot Scavengers and hostile adventurer parties may appear after battles and attempt to seize your loot.
- Vineyards and manors tempt greed-infested groups and individuals, becoming a flashpoint for their hidden—and eventually open—conflicts.
So you get the idea behind Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness isometric, party-based RPG. The crowdfunding campaign will be live until May 30, 2018 at 5:59 PM EDT.