Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure is a comedy point and click for Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows. Hence a truelove letter to classic-era LucasArts adventures, Hitchcock and HP Lovecraft. Since the games been in development for the past year, the final build is quickly approaching. Developer Stuck In Attic is now looking for Linux testers. So if you’re eager to get into some of this point and click adventure, now is the time.
So what is Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure
A lighthearted spoof of the Cthulhu Mythos. Gibbous will have players controlling 3 protagonists. While dealing with strange cultists, ancient voodoo, and Dead Cthulhu himself. Well, “dead” is just a matter of opinion… But you really came here for the bullet points, didn’t you?
Since this takes place in the present day, things have been getting weird around Darkham lately. Weirder than usual. Decadent cults that are rumored to worship strange deities have been popping all over the city. While whispering about the resurgence of the dreaded Necronomicon.
Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure Trailer:
Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure Features:
- Classic point and click gameplay inspired by the great Lucas Arts games of yore!
- Traditional frame by frame animation, just like back in the days (well, maybe a bit more frames)
- Detailed, hand-painted background art!
- Hugely diverse orchestral soundtrack!
- Unique responses for item-hotspot combinations!
- A focus on exploration and examining the environment!
- Loving and respectful spoof of the Cthulhu Mythos
- DRM-free or Steam Key!
- Made in Transylvania!
How to become a Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure Linux testers
“What you need to do is shoot us an e-mail at [email protected] with the subject “HAIL CTHULHU”, and when the build is ready for backer beta consumption we’ll shoot you back a download link.”
So there you have it, to be come a Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure is an email away. The games set to debut on Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and and Windows. More details coming soon, so stay tuned.