Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is now available on Linux. The games platform announcement release post is a welcomed one on Steam. So now Linux users can play the Overwhelmingly Positive experience.
In Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes games concept is simple. One player is trapped in a virtual room with a ticking time bomb. So it up to the player to defuse it. The other players are the “Experts”. So they must give the instructions to defuse the bomb. Also deciphering the information found in the bomb defusal manual. But there’s a catch: the experts can’t see the bomb. So everyone will need to talk it through.
Since catching VR gameplay via Twitchcon. It’s not surprise that the games reviews are so good. Yet it took a while before the Linux port made it’s debut. So we now have unofficial support, two years later. Also, this is a game similar to Shenzhen I/O with a hint of Pictopix or Steamroll.
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows):
Linux Is NOT Officially Supported
Do not purchase this game if you only intend to play on Linux! Please please please hold off until we can be sure it’s working well on Ubuntu and SteamOS. We will not be updating the Store Page or making an announcement until we’re confident the game works well.
Please note that VR is not supported in the Linux version.
How To Get The Linux Build
You’ll need to switch to the “linux_beta” branch in your Steam library. You may need to restart Steam to see this. There is no version of the game for Linux in the default branch. So the game will not launch unless you have switched to the linux_beta branch.
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes Features:
- Local multiplayer party game – A great way to experience virtual reality with all of your friends at the same time!
- Challenging puzzles that will test the limits of your communication skills… and friendships?
- A different bomb every time! Procedurally generated puzzles keep the action fresh.
- Only one copy of the game needed! If you can talk to the bomb defuser, you can be their expert! Try using your favorite voice chat service and playing remotely.
- Native Mod support is coming! Try out new modules, missions, and more from the community!