TaleWorlds Entertainment and ParadoxInteractive have announced the Steam #debut of a Linux and Mac beta for its action #RPG, Mount & Blade: Warband. The game gives players the chance to assemble their own band of hardened warriors and set out to sieze the throne of Calradia, a land torn asunder by war.
Today we are very pleased to announce that Mount&Blade Warband is extending its supported platforms to Linux and Mac! Currently, this should just be seen as a beta test as there are known (and probably unknown) bugs to be resolved but those of you with Linux or Mac machines can play the game right now on Steam.
To try out the beta on your Linux or Mac computer with Steam just complete the following steps:
- Right click “Mount&Blade Warband” in your Steam Library and select “Properties”.
- In the window that pops up, navigate to the ” BETAS” tab and select “Mac/Linux beta” in the dropdown menu.
- Install the game and play!
Hopefully you all enjoy the game on its new platforms and let us know if you encounter any bugs! Though it should be functioning pretty well already and is certainly playable.
Note: Napoleonic Wars is not yet supported but will be in the near future.
About the Game
In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. Lead your men into battle, expand your realm, and claim the ultimate prize: the throne of Calradia!
Mount & Blade: Warband is the eagerly anticipated stand alone expansion pack for the game that brought medieval battlefields to life with its realistic mounted combat and detailed fighting system.
- Graphical overhaul: Support added for HDR, FSAA, depth of field, soft particles, tone mapping, and many other effects
- New models with greater detail and high-quality textures
- Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege
- A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals
- The ability to upgrade your companions to vassals by granting them lands
- The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery
- Improved mechanics for soldier morale: Soldiers will break and run away if their morale gets too low
- Pick any projectile off the battlefield for use as additional munitions
- New motion-captured combat animations
- Numerous improvements to the combat system: Your shield will still stop arrows even if you are not actively defending
- The ability to play multiplayer matches on random maps as well as hand-designed ones
- Multiplayer equipment system: Earn money by fighting opponents or accomplishing goals
- The ability to use most throwing weapons in close combat: Switch to using a javelin as a short spear when the enemy gets close
- Spend gold on more powerful equipment, using a carefully balanced system that will make combat more exciting without giving too much of an advantage to the leading team
Reblogged from: insidemacgames.com