EGOSOFT will grow X4: Foundations even more at the end of the month. Both the free 3.0 Update to X4: Foundations. And certainly the first expansion, X4: Split Vendetta. Both will be releasomg on March 31st, 2020. While giving space game enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to new discoveries. Or maybe revisit the biggest space sandbox this side of the galaxy.
X4: Split Vendetta – Trailer (Linux, Windows PC)
3.0 Update introducing diplomatic missions: “A lever to move the world”
With the biggest update since the release of X4: Foundations. EGOSOFT also extends its current title with the new storyline. This is called “A lever to move the world”. Which introduces diplomatic missions.
In addition to a new unlockable game start. There are also three new, stand alone tutorial scenarios. Along side the upcoming Split Vendetta content. And this certainly helps welcome new pilots to the X universe.
X4: Foundations players will also benefit from many new gameplay elements. These are finally coming with the 3.0 Update. Above all, X4: Foundations will receive French voice recordings for the first time.
There is a complete change log for the 3.0 Update. This includes more than 400 individual entries. While covering new features, weapons, sectors, and improved gameplay elements. There is an upgraded user interface plus many fixes. The full list is available in the EGOSOFT forums.
3.0 Update Main Features:
- New storyline, introducing diplomatic missions: “A lever to move the worlds”. Separate from Split Vendetta.
- New systems to discover, experience and conquer
- Added French voice recordings
- 3 new stand-alone tutorial scenarios including a flight school
- New ships: Paranid Ares heavy fighter, Xenon T scout, Teladi Cormorant transporter
- New unlockable game start
- Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
- Individual and group crew transfer
- Configurable alert system
- Ability to dock using a spacesuit
- Policing options for player-owned space
- Several new weapons
- Improved graphics engine
- Improved sound effects
- Improvements to menus. Including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station overview and Logbook
- More control over drones and turrets. Also handy in Split Vendetta.
- Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode
- Oxygen display when player is in spacesuit
- Search facility for Logbook
Along with Update 3.0 to X4: Foundations. The X4: Split Vendetta expansion brings exciting new missions. While adding more adventures to the game. New game starts allow an even more varied experience. All in the biggest sandbox this side of the galaxy. TRADE with the Split families. Above all, you can even FIGHT against them. BUILD your own station designs based on the new modules. But THINK carefully on your path through the new diplomatic missions.
X4: Split Vendetta will be releasing March 31st. Priced at $14.99 USD / £12.49 / €14.99. Available on Linux and Windows PC. X4: Split Vendetta is the first of two expansions. Coming to Steam and GOG. As a result, the new expansons will automatically be available to owners of the X4: Foundations Collector’s Edition.