Blackmill Games and M2H have #officially #launched their first-person shooter Verdun, on Steam for #Linux, Mac and Windows PC today. After almost two years in various forms of open beta and early access, the tactical multiplayer FPS earned about 4,300 positive reviews out of nearly 5,000.
“We’re proud to announce that WW1 game Verdun has officially launched today! After more than a year in Early Access on Steam, the official copy of Verdun is now available.”
Verdun features authentic weapons and uniforms from WWI, including maps from some of the various battles from 1914 to 1918. Taking place in both France and Belgium, according to the developers.
Now the full release includes a bonus map called Aisne, seeing some of the biggest battles earlier in the war and located on an area in Northern France. Featuring “true trench warfare,” tactical squad combat along with various multiplayer modes.
Players choose to be part of one of the squad-types in the game, each have their own distinct tactical role. Then working together you earn experience that improves the power and versatility of your squad. As you gain more experience fighting, get promoted in rank, you earn Career Points which unlock specializations, weapons and equipment.
The Rifle Deathmatch is a free-for-all game mode, where all players are pitted against each other in a thrilling contest of skill using only bolt-action rifles.
Verdun features include:
- Realistic World War 1 gameplay: Authentic weaponry with realistic bullet physics, skill based weapon handling, poisonous gas with a claustrophobic gas mask experience and artillery barrages
- Tactical squad-based FPS: Unique squad leveling system, distinct squad types and roles, voice chat
- True trench warfare: Real-time dynamic frontline with momentum-based attack and counter-attack gameplay
- Authentic World War 1 setting: Typical WW1 music and style, historical battlefields set on the Western Front
- Challenging game modes: Team-based Frontline and skill-based Rifle Deathmatch
Verdun is set to get free thematic expansions over the course of time, such as the addition of Belgian and American troops for Allies, along with Central Powers for some special German troops. Check out the roadmap here.
Verdun is now available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC on Steam and currently 10% off the regular price.