Star Traders: Frontiers full release is live this week with a discount for Linux, Mac and Windows via Steam. Since I’ve already announced the coming release, this post is primarily for the sale and the 92% Very Positive reviews.
So after eight successful months on Early Access. Star Traders: Frontiers launches on Steam with a sale. Which is also updated more than 80 times – averaging one update every three days.
Star Traders: Frontiers also boasts deep strategic choices, a branching storyline. And also a lot more polish with the visuals in a stunningly detailed procedurally-generated galaxy.
So now that the game’s Linux, Mac and Windows versions are fully updated to the latest developer build.
Additions during Early Access include:
- 24 new types of ships
- 100+ new ship components to customize the perfect craft
- 2 new character Jobs
- 32 new Talents
- 56 new mission types
- 22 new contact types and services
- 10 new character outfits – with 15 new hats, helmets, and accessories
- 4 new story eras: Second Founding, Coalition, 3rd Century, and Crimson Pox
- Customizable difficulty: Play your own way!
- Save Slots: Restore your captain from 4 saved moments in their career
- Prize ship Talents: Capture enemy ships
- New maximum level cap – raised by 25%
- New unlockable content through clever play
Star Traders: Frontiers Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps. Also meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades. While building your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions. While influencing political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Mold the crew by your choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever … or scarred and half-mad.
- Varied Difficulty Options! play with save slots to try out different builds or storylines or turn on character permadeath and enjoy classic roguelike experience
Steam Launch Discount:
Since Star Traders: Frontiers launch is now on Steam for $11.99 USD with that 20% discount for Linux, Mac and Windows.