The End of the Sun adventure game is now 96% funded for Linux, Mac and Windows PC on Kickstarter. Thanks and congrats to developer The End of the Sun Team. The games crowdfunding campaign is right at the brink of the $12,000 USD goal.
The End of the Sun is a first-person exploration and adventure game. Where the story has the most important meaning. Since everything takes place in the world of Slavic rites, beliefs, legends. Not to mention their everyday life. There are also a series of mysterious events that ordinary people dealt with. Hence life living in a small village where the line between myth and reality began to fade. Now on the brink of success at 96% funded.
As the Ashter who is given with the ability to travel in time. Not to mention knowledge about Navia (the space where human fates shape). It’s up to you to come to the mysterious village to find your friend. But you cannot find anyone there, at least not in a way you wanted to. All you can see are snuffed fires around.
The End of the Sun Kickstarter Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
The End of the Sun presents the events occurring during the 4 major Slavic festivals during the 4 seasons far away from each other in time. Recreates mystical events, culture and people’s habits in an unusual way. The game takes inspiration from both adventure and exploration games. Since you face unorthodox riddles. But the storyline is in the first thing you recognize.
- Ethnographic museums scanned via photogrammetry – To get top-class graphics, the dev’s take the visuals from museums. While scanning hundreds of objects and entire buildings. So you can then admire them in the game as they really exist. The elements of the natural environment coming from real list. All order to get the most European Slavonic climate possible.
- Travel in time – teleport between four periods far away from each other by many years. The End of the Sun takes place in four main seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Get to know the stories of the same heroes at different stages of their lives.
- Dynamic world, weather conditions, lighting – the time of day, weather and lighting change smoothly and dynamically within one day in front of your eyes as you discover other parts of the mystery.
- Consequences of time traveling – certain elements of history and the world around you will open up to you only when you set the paths of fate and influence the future. Events from the past have an impact on the future.
- Slavic World, its culture and daily activities – While experiencing the The End of the Sun story. You will be able to enjoy the immersive history. But also look at the everyday activities and objects that are no longer in use today.
- Open world exploration – Travel between the homesteads and surroundings of the village, finding out the details of the mystery that lies somewhere there.
- Non-linear and engaging story – You can experience particular immersive stories at your own pace and at the moment you feel like it.
The campaign and full release:
The End of the Sun first-person exploration and adventure game is still going. The Kickstarter campaign comes to a close on Sunday, June 7 2020 11:55 AM EDT. Currently, 96% funded with 9 days left to go. The actual release price is TBD (probably $19.99 USD). Due to release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. The full release is due on Steam sometime in 2020 / 2021.