Rogue Invader you are the invader attacking the alien horde in this genre-flipping roguelike shooter. Game-play is smooth and resembles old-school isometric games, with modern touches and HD graphics.
Twenty years ago, the zenos began invading terran colonies, leaving a trail of death and tears in their wake. Terrans fought back, one planet at a time, while building a fleet to stab at the zeno home-world.
Rogue Invader hearkens back to the era of monochrome monitors, keyboard crushing controls and non-stop alien annihilation…and we have a preview build available right now for you to try!
You arrive with that fleet, just after a series of massive space battles in which all supply ships have been destroyed. You are left with a huge invasion army but no supplies to invade with other than one million marines, one drop-pod, and one pistol.
- 1-bit graphics throughout, created at 720p resolution
Every pixel is black or white. No pixel is grey or colored.
- Roguelike: every playthrough is different and death of a soldier is permanent
- Every choice you make matters
- Taking risks and playing differently might lead to success and easier future paths
- …or it might kill you
- 12 unique areas combining procedural generation and pre-created encounters
Persistent damage–destroyed objects are rebuilt over several playthroughs
- 6 enemy classes, each with three different personalities to provide different AI interactions during each launch
- Mini bosses and side quests that reward you for taking risks
- 8 cutscenes to provide background and exposition to drive plot and increase your involvement
- Vast modification options
- Collect 5 unique resources during invasion to rebuild your arsenal and ease future invasion runs
- 8 gun types, each with 1-6 modification slots
- 15+ modifications for guns
- 100s of combinations that provide usability unique to you and your play style
- Original orchestral music score
- Make constant tradeoffs to win the invasion
- Bigger gun or more ammo?
- Use this gun now or beam it up to be studied?
- Run through a section or sit back and kill all the aliens?
- Risk destroying all your cover or collect more resources for the next soldier to use?
- Homeworlds of soldiers pay homage to nearly 100 sci-fi locations for the out and closeted sci-fi nerds
- Homeworlds provide soldiers perks
- Endlessly replayable
- Hunt achievements
- Search for secrets
- Improve the arsenal
- Explore the world
- Thumb your nose at King Zeno
Rogue Invader has been benefitted by three major things: the independence of those who provide it for America and the world, an article from a major voice in indie gaming, and a surprising out-of-the-woodwork group who it especially appeals to.